SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization. If you implement SEO for website it means you are making it easier for search engines like Google and Bing to find your site.
Now, you can get very technical about implementing SEO, or you can stick to some basics and still reap the benefits. At the end of the day there are 2 main things that will help your website rank highly on the Search Engine.
- Your keyword or keyphrase that you are optimizing for
- Good, unique content.
Lets look at the first one. Your choice of Keyphrase. If you find the right keyphrase to use, you sometimes don’t even need to write good content. That would be because there might not be a lot of competition for the keyword, which makes it relatively simple to rank for it.
But how do you find these good keywords? This is where Keyword Planners come into play. There are various sites, both paid and free that can help you find good keyword to write content for SEO for website.
Getting a good tool has some added benefit in that it will tell you just how much competition there is for organic traffic to that keyphrase. In other words how difficult will the SEO for Website be.
I personally make use of a tool called Ubersuggest, which is a paid tool, though not unreasonably so. It also gives a lot of added benefit in terms of tracking your website performance and making SEO suggestions. By far the best tool out there to use, and also the most expensive at about $100 per month is ahrefs.
And next up is the content. If your website is hosted on WordPress (like most sites are these days), I recommend you install a free plugin called Yoast SEO. This plugin will help you make sure that your content is covering the SEO basics and even improve your writing skills by rating the readability of your content.
But here are some basic “rules” that you can follow that will help you with your SEO:
- You should have at least 300 words of content written
- Your chosen keyprase should be the start of the tile of the content.
- Your chosen keyphrase should appear in the first paragraph of your content.
- If you are adding images to the content, make sure the chosen keyphrase is part of the alt tag of the image/s.
- The chosen keyphrase should be repeated throughout the content, but not excessively. This is called keyword density, and 2 to 3 instances of your keyphrases per 300 words is a good guideline.
- Try and have some links in your content that is internal facing, in other words pointing to other parts of your website.
- Try to have some links in your content that is external facing, in other words pointing to other websites.
Applying these basic concepts will most definitely have an impact on the organic traffic you bring to the site. You do not have to be an expert to have SEO for Website.
Just follow these rules and post regular unique content, and you will never look back.